What Patients Teach Me…..by Dr. Karen
I love my job. I love helping people and I enjoy figuring out how Chiropractic and acupuncture can help them feel better. It is a very rewarding job and I get to see miracles on a daily basis. Sometimes I take for granted what we do in our office because I do this every day. Sometimes my patients put things in perspective for me so I don’t forget what an amazing thing chiropractic is! Even though I help patients, there’s a lot I learn from YOU….my patients. I thank you for enriching my job, my life, and for teaching me life lessons.
So here’s what I’ve learned from YOU…….
- What we do by adjusting your spine changes your lives so you can go out and spend quality time with your families, your grandkids, and do the things you want to do like run races, garden and work.
- Retirement can be fun and not boring. I have learned that even though you are retired and not working, it is still recommended that you have a schedule where you work out, run errands, and get projects done around the house. Otherwise, nothing may get done!
- Medical Doctors are surprised how much chiropractic adjustments can help after strokes…..gives you more range of motion, clarity in thinking, overall well-being. Medical Doctors are also impressed how much chiropractic adjustments help after hip surgery….helps reduce scar tissue, helps you walk without a limp and bending down is easier. These doctors see a huge difference in the quality of life that people have that have been to a chiropractor versus not getting adjusted.
- When I give a VERY subluxated teenager their first chiropractic adjustment, it can change their whole disposition and attitude about life! It can help them feel less anxious and less depressed!
- Some of you consider us a “part of your family” and have peace of mind knowing they can call us to help them and their family feel better!
- And last, but not least….I get great ideas/ tips on gardening…..when to plant, when to cover up plants because of upcoming freezing temperatures, and natural ways to kill weeds. Thanks for making my garden more beautiful!