Summertime Chiropractic Care
Summer: a time for family vacations, visits to the pool, lemonade stands, suntans, and– chiropractic visits?
Yes! Chiropractic care is needed during the summer as well as during the rest of the year, if not more! Special summer activities can get your spine out of misalignment. If you’re in the car or plane for a family vacation (and if you’re lucky enough to be able to sleep on long trips), just think about the strange positions your neck and back is in! An adjustment is always a good idea post-vacation.
Summer work can also be hard on your back, whether you’re digging in the garden, mowing the lawn, or working on the farm.
As for your children, they’ll be participating in summer sports, playing outside, and probably at least as active as they are during the school year. Bring your kids with you to get adjusted so they can stay healthy while they play and relax during the summer months!
Keep your back healthy this summer with these tips:
- Focus on keeping your posture straight, whether standing, sitting, or lying down.
- Be careful when lifting heavy objects. Use your legs, not your back.
- Stretch before and after exercising (and make sure your kids do the same).
- For long car trips, get a neck pillow so you can sleep comfortably without hurting your neck. On a car trip, stop to stretch and walk around every couple hours. On plane trips, get out of your seat every hour or two (if it’s safe to do so) to stretch and move around.
- Don’t let the dog days of summer keep you from exercise! Swimming and walking are easy, pleasant, and not damaging to your back.
- Continue to get adequate sleep (7-9 hours for adults) and eat healthfully (always essential!) to keep your whole body in optimum health.
- See your chiropractor for regular adjustments!
This summer, keep yourself and your whole family healthy and happy with chiropractic!