As most of you know, Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) was notified today (11/6) that the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) will move Boulder County to the more restrictive Safer at Home Level Orange: High Risk (this was previously called Level 3) on the state Dial. We at Achtermann Chiropractic do not have to make any changes to what we are already doing since we are socially distancing patients (we are allowed to have 25 patients in the office at a time if they could all be 6 feet apart, but with our small office that’s impossible and not an issue because we can only have 4-5 in the office max!)
We will continue to take ALL the safety precautions that we have implemented since April due to Covid-19:
- The Doctors will be wearing a mask and gloves and we require ALL PATIENTS TO WEAR A MASK (homemade is fine) to their entire visit (from the time you enter the office).
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before seeing the Doctor.
- The Doctor will take your temperature by using a TOUCHLESS infrared thermometer on your wrist or forehead.
- We have an EdenPure air Ionizer in the treatment room, which disinfects the air and surfaces of viruses/ bacteria. We also will have windows open in the office to increase air flow.
- We also ask that only the patient comes into the office, with no other people accompanying the patient. This will minimize exposure for everyone. If you group schedule with family members that all live together, please all come into the office at the first scheduled appointment. You all may enter the adjusting room together. Patients age 18 and under may be accompanied by one parent.
- The table and the adjusting instruments are sanitized after EVERY patient, and are also sanitizing all surfaces & door handles.
- We wash our hands between EVERY patient.
- We cannot have walk-in appointments at this time. Please call ahead…even if you want to come in the same day! We can always fit you into our schedule!
- We are allowing more time between patient appointments in order to properly sanitize and have proper social distancing.
- Before scheduling every patient, we will ask you some screening questions, as recommended by the CDC/OSHA : Our screening ?s will be as follows:
1. In the past 14 days, have you have a fever, a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or body aches? (If you have any of these symptoms, please wait until you are no longer experiencing them for 14 days to call to schedule.) 2. Have you had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days? (If yes, please quarantine yourself for 14 days and if you have no symptoms at the end of that time, you may call to schedule. We hope you stay healthy and we appreciate your understanding in keeping our office staff and Doctors healthy.)
- In order to maintain social distancing, please remain outside of the office until your scheduled time. Please “check in” from your car or the bench at the front of the building (by texting 720-295-9212 or calling 303-673-9797), and we will notify you when the office has been prepared for your visit.
- We have PLEXIGLASS installed around the reception desk to protect our staff and patients. This will protect both you and our staff. Instead of signing in, we ask that you use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before seeing the Doctor.