We want you to know that at Achtermann Chiropractic & Acupuncture, your health and safety are our top priority. We ask that you consider your own health situation when choosing to schedule.
We are now able to see Emergency patients on a case by case basis (see the explanation at the end). This week Dr. Karen will see emergency patients on Wednesday from 1:00-3:00 and 4:00-6:00 and Friday from 10:00-12:00 and 3:00-5:00. When scheduling, please let us know if you would like only an adjustment, or also acupuncture, cupping, K-Tape, Electric muscle stimulation, heat or ice or any combination of the above so we can schedule enough time for you. If you consider your symptoms to be an emergency, please text the office at 720-295-9212, e-mail [email protected], or call 303-673-9797. Please let us know what symptoms you are experiencing and someone will get back to you. Also let us know what services you would like and what days/ times work so we can schedule accurately. Dr. Karen is excited to be able to help anyone with an emergency, as long as you follow all the guidelines listed below. We want to keep our Doctors, staff and YOU healthy and safe.
Our screening Questions will be as follows:
- In the past 14 days, have you had a fever over 100 degrees, a cough, shortness of breath, or body aches? (If you have any of these symptoms, please wait until you are no longer experiencing them for 14 days to call to schedule.)
- Have you had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days? (If yes, please quarantine yourself for 14 days and if you have no symptoms at the end of that time, you may call to schedule. We hope you stay healthy and we appreciate your understanding in keeping our office staff and Doctors healthy.)
- What symptoms are you experiencing? Your symptoms must be Medically Necessary, as determined by the Doctor. (Unfortunately at this time we cannot see maintenance or elective care, but will let you know as soon as we can!)
We are taking many precautions due to COVID-19:
- You will notice our newly added plexiglass installed around the reception desk. This will protect both you and our staff.
- Instead of signing in, we ask that you use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before seeing the Doctor.
- Please remove your shoes in the hallway before entering the adjusting room.
- We have an EdenPure air Ionizer in the treatment room, which disinfects the air and surfaces of viruses/ bacteria.
- We are allowing more time between patient appointments in order to properly sanitize and have only 1-2 patients in the office at a time.
- We wipe down tables after EVERY patient, and are also using sanitizing all surfaces & door handles.
- We wash our hands between EVERY patient.
- The Doctors will be wearing a mask and gloves and we require ALL PATIENTS TO WEAR A MASK (homemade is fine) to their entire visit (from the time you enter the office).
- We also ask that only the patient comes into the office, with no other people accompanying the patient. This will minimize exposure for everyone. Patients age 18 and under may be accompanied by one parent.
- Before scheduling every patient, we will ask you some screening questions, as recommended by the CDC/OSHA (see above).
- In order to maintain social distancing, we are giving patients the option to remain outside of the office until their scheduled time. You are more than welcome to enter the office at your scheduled time or, if you would like, you can “check in” from your car (by texting 720-295-9212), and we will notify you when the office has been prepared for your visit.
We know that NOW, more than EVER, you need to be adjusted to reduce your pain, stress, and to improve your immune system. We ask that you consider your own health situation when choosing to schedule. We look forward to seeing everyone that has not been able to come in when this is all over. We hope you and your family and friends continue to stay healthy during this trying time. Let us know if you need any advice with stretches, exercises, or have any other questions for the Doctors during our closure.
Per the Dora website: Per Executive Orders 2020 009 and 027, all chiropractic practices must postpone/ reschedule performance of elective care including, but not limited to, asymptomatic care, preventative care, non-medically necessary care or ancillary in-office services (such as non-therapeutic massage or other services).
Acute or emergency care, that falls under the guidance of Executive Order 2020 009 and 027 can be administered and should be done in accordance with other current executive orders issued by Governor Polis, local county orders and CDC guidelines.
……..Executive Order D 2020 009 does allow for the discretion of the provider to conduct a chiropractic procedure in those circumstances where an injury or illness is at risk of progression or the patient’s health is at risk of rapid deterioration. You will note that DORA has also listed chiropractors as a critical service, provided that the services performed are within these confines of the Executive Order and are a conservative assessment of procedures that are critical on a case-by-case basis.”