THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS ALREADY DONATED! We have collected items for the stockings as well as cash donations. We will continue to take donations for our Stocking Drive up until Thanksgiving. The stockings support military families, wounded heroes, and deployed service members and veterans this holiday season through Soldiers’ Angels Holiday Community Partners.
This year our goal is to send 7 filled stockings overseas to deployed military and their families. Last year our goal was to send 5 stocking and we were lucky enough to get enough donations to fill 6 stockings! The stockings can be filled with socks, gloves, games, books, snacks, toothbrushes/ toothpaste, Tic Tacs, among many other amazing treats, and of course lots of candy canes! We also need 7 knit or fleece hats to place on top of each stocking. We have a box in the waiting room of the office and a donation jar if you’d like to donate cash for shipping costs or stocking supplies.
We know that this little gesture will mean a lot to so many that are protecting our country! We’re certain that this will make many people feel cared for this holiday season. Again, THANK YOU for helping make this one of the most rewarding community outreach projects we do!
Here is a list of donation items that are needed: Thank you very much for your generosity!
- Slim Jims or Beef Jerky
- Packages of Holiday nuts
- Single serving drink mix packets (i.e. Crystal Light)
- Playing cards
- Puzzle book (Crosswords, Sudoku, Word Find)
- Holiday themed writing pens or pencil
- Holiday candy (in sealed wrapping or small unopened bags)
- Candy Canes
- Peanut Brittle
- Travel sized games
- Card games (Uno, Phase 10)
- Stress balls (holiday-themed preferred)
- Gloves (preferably black; winter; one size fits all)
- Single serving cookie packages
- Apple cider packets
- Hot chocolate
- Small notepads
- Holiday-themed lip balm (wrapping and scent)
- Caps (warm winter)
- Other holiday-themed items
- 7 Stockings and 7 knit hats
- All food items should be store bought.
Please AVOID putting the following items in the stockings:
- NO GLASS (containers, ornaments, etc)
- NO SHARP OBJECTS (safety pins, razors)
- NO PRODUCTS CONTAINING ALCOHOL (some mouthwash, hand sanitizer, some colognes) and NO AEROSOLS.